| About The Book Software Project Management
This well-established and highly appreciated book, now in its Third Edition, continues to build on the strength of the previous two editions.
While retaining many of the existing topics, Professor S.A. Kelkar, with his wealth of experience and expertise, gives an uptodate analysis of the subject, incorporating several new topics. The book is suffused with illustrations to reinforce the concepts discussed. As software project management is a core course in Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology, and is a preferred choice of many management students, this book should be treasured by the readers, both for its utility and novelty of treatment.
Intended as a text for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology, this concise and compact book would be extremely useful also to the postgraduate students of Computer Applications and postgraduate students of Management specializing in IT.
New to This Edition
• Three Appendices on Nutshell: Managing Complex Projects; Overview of IT Service Management; and Emotional Intelligence in Project Management are included.
• Chapter 1 has been reorganized to make it more comprehensive.
• Chapter 2 has been split into three chapters (Chapters 2, 3 and 4). Each chapter deals with project management basics, planning,
and control, emphasizing stakeholder management, quality management, and earned management.
Table of Contents:
Preface to the First Edition
1. Technical Development of Software
2. Software Project Management Basics
3. Project Initiation, and Planning
4. Project Execution, Control, Closing and Beyond
5. Software Project Estimation
6. Software Quality Management
7. Software Configuration Management
8. Software Team Management
9. Role of User in Software Projects
Appendix A:Metrics and Measurements
Appendix B:Nutshell: Managing Complex Projects
Appendix C:Overview of IT Service Management
Appendix D:Emotional Intelligence in Project Management