Environmental Law And Policy
| About The Book Environmental Law And Policy
This book presents a comprehensive account of the various contours of the environmental jurisprudence in India. It covers the Indian constitutional, legislative, administrative and judicial strategies that have shaped the Indian environmental jurisprudence against the backdrop of the various international efforts to control pollution and preserve the global environment. It deals with the constitutional framework provided for the preservation and protection of Indian environment. In this context, the book gives an extensive picture of Indian administrative and legislative policy framework along with the latest developments in the area. The salient and most important feature of the book is its in-depth account of the innovative judicial enforcement of the constitutional and legislative prescriptions as reflected in the catena of judicial decisions including the latest ones. In this respect, the fundamental right to life guaranteed by Article 21 of the Indian Constitution has been given a very liberal interpretation in order to make it the chief constitutional edifice of the Indian environmental jurisprudence and environmental justice in India.
The book is intended for the students of LL.B. and LL.M. It would also be useful to faculty, research scholars, lawyers and other legal professionals.
Table of Contents:
|Preface List of Cases Abbreviations|
1. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: International Legislative and Administrative Efforts
2. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: Constitutional Perspectives
3. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: Legislative Strategies
4. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND ADMINISTRATIVE STRATEGIES
5. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, PRESERVATION AND ROLE OF JUDICIARY: Constitutional Format
6. NEED FOR PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF WATER POLLUTION: Judicial Responses and Strategies
7. PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF AIR POLLUTION THROUGH JUDICIAL INTERVENTION AND ENFORCEMENT
8. PROTECTION OF FORESTS AND ECOLOGY: Judicial Concern and Perception
9. CONCLUSIONS AND SUGGESTIONS