Enzymes in Food Processing : Fundamentals and Potential Applications
Enzymes in Food Processing : Fundamentals and Potential Applications by Parmjit S Panesar, Satwinder S Marwaha And Harish Kumar
This book reflects an in depth study of high academic standards dealing in a coherent and lucid way the most comprehensive and advances in application of enzymes in food processing. This indispensable treatise is the product of combined efforts of leading experts of excellent academic credentials in the area of food technology and biotechnology. This unique volume gives a holistic view about the interventions of enzymes in food processing, i.e.
Audience of the Book :
|The present volume is an excellent resource of information especially for food scientists/technologists, biotechnologists, biochemical engineers, biochemists, organic chemists, graduate and research students.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Discusses the methods of enzyme immobilization and application of immobilized enzymes in food processing.
2.Describes the use of enzymes as food analytical tools including biosensors.
3.Illustrates the knowledge about novel strategies in enzyme designing.
4.Numerous tables and figures throughout the volume provide illustrative material to support the detailed information.
Table of Contents:
1. Fundamentals of Enzymes
2. Enzymes in Milk and Cheese Industries
3. Enzymes in Baking Industry
4. Enzymes in Fruit Juices and Beverages Industry
5. Enzymes in Meat Industry
6. Enzymes in Sugar Industries
7. Enzymes in Fat, Oil, Flavor and Fragrance Industries
8. Immobilized Enzymes in Food Processing
9. Enzymes as Analytical Tools in Food Processing
10. Novel Strategies for Designing Food Enzymes : Genomics and Proteomics Approach