Cellular And Biochemical Science
Cellular And Biochemical Science by G Tripathi
The last five decades have witnessed a tremendous upsurge in the amount of xenobiotic compounds in the environment by industrial activities, some of them being highly toxic, recalcitrant with high bio-accumulating and bio-magnification properties. Whilst biotechnology is the development of products or processes using plants, animals or micro-organisms, ''Environmental Biotechnology'' is the multidisciplinary integration of sciences and engineering to utilise the huge biochemical potential of microorganisms and plants for the sustenance of resources. Recent advances in biotechnology have driven forward the harnessing of micro-organisms and plants to help and protect our fragile environment and formation of ecofriendly products.
Audience of the Book :
|The textBOOK is also relevant to the students of Life Sciences, Biosciences, Cell Biology, Bioengineering and Pharmacology.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Spread across 58 in-depth chapters, the book contains a wealth of information in all the important areas of cell biology, molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry.
2.Additional dedicated chapters on select laboratory and computational methods have also been included.
3.Each chapter is embedded with end-of-the-chapter summary, references, suggested readings, and review questions which includes long questions and multiple choice questions with answer keys.
Table of Contents:
1. Cell Organelles And Cell Cycle
2. Biocatalysis And Kinetics
3. Hormone And Signal Transduction
4. Structure And Function Of Nucleic Acids
5. Chromosome And Heterochromatization
6. Mutation And Transposition
7. Differentiation And Development
8. Immunity And Monoclonal Antibodies
9. Genomics And Proteomics
10. Polymerase Chain Reaction And Gene Silencing
11. Carcinogensis Disorders And Detoxifacation
12. Gene Technology And Its Application
13. Tissue Culture And Liposome Technology
14. Microbes Toxins And Antibiotics
15. Nucleic Acid Sequencing And Hybridization
16. Electrophoresis And Cytometry
17. Gel Filtration And Chromatography
18. Biophysical Methods In Biology