Biology Of Indian Morels
Biology Of Indian Morels by T. N. Lakhanpal And Onkar Shad
The morels is one of the most delicious and costliest wild edible mushrooms of the world. During the last century significant advances have been made in the study of morel biology with the sole aim of artificial cultivation. But all efforts to domesticate them have not been wholly fruitful. The book is an attempt to compile all the relevant information on morel biology so that more interest in morel research is stimulated ultimately paving the way for cultivation.
Audience of the Book :
|This book useful for Teachers, Scientist, Scholars and Students.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Gives a brief outline of the chapter in the beginning, and a detailed discussion at the end of the chapter.
2.Profusely illustrated with line diagrams and photographs.
3.Includes useful Annexures elaborating on methodologies adopted for field and laboratory analysis of Morels.
Table of Contents:
1. Biology of Morels: An Overview
2. The Life Cycle Pattern
3. Systematic Treatment of Morels – I
4. Systematic Treatment of Morels – II: Genotypic Polymorphism and Diversity
5. Ecological Aspects
6. Physiological Aspects of Morels
7. Nutritive Composition
8. Nutraceutical Potential
9. Rhizomorphosphere Relationships
10. Ethnomycological Aspects
11. Sociobiological Aspects
12. Mycorrhizal Association of Morels
13. Cytology of Ascus Development in Morels
14. Culinary Aspects of Morels