VTU Previous Year Question Papers BE CS Sixth Semester
Software Engineering February 2006
Note: Answer any FIVE full questions.
1. (a) Software is a product, Justify this statement.
(b) Explain the different attributes of a good software.
(c) Describe the salient features of spiral model of software process with an illustrative diagram,
2. (a) Explain the different stages in the testing process with a neat biock diagram.
(b) What are various metrics for specifying non-functional requirements?
(c) Write the structure of a requirements document.
3. (a) Describe the requirements elicitation and analysis process with a neat figure.
(b) Explain the various types of checks to be carried out during requirements validation.
(c) What are different types of volatile requirements?
4. (a) Mention the several rapid prototyping techniques. Describe any one of them.
(b) Describe the suitability of interrupt – driven models for architectural design.
(c) Explain the guidelines to be observed while designing user interface.
5. (a) How effectively could a colour be exploited in user interface design?
(b) Describe the user interface evaluation process.
(c) Define critical systems. Enumerate three types of critical systems.
6. (a) Explain the various reliability metrics.
(b) Describe the characteristics of cleanroom software development.
(c) Briefly explain the top-down and bottom-up testing processes.
7. (a) What types of plan are envisaged for project planning by management?
(b) Describe the cost estimation techniques for software development.
(c) Mention the various software product metrics.
8. (a) Describe the components of legacy systems with a block diagram.
(b) Explain the activities involved in re-engineering process with an illustrative figure.