VTU Previous Year Question Papers BE CS Sixth Semester Software Engineering February 2004
VTU Previous Year Question Papers BE CS Sixth Semester
Software Engineering February 2004
Note: Answer any FIVE full questions.
1. (a) Briefly explain the software process characteristics.
(b) Describe th& professional responsibilities of a software engineer.
(c) Explain the activities involved in the system design process
2. (a) What is requirement engineering ? Explain the principal activities of requirement engineering process.
(b) Explain the method based analysis for requirements analysis.
(c) What is non-functional requirements ? Explain the different types of non-functional requirements.
3. (a) Describe the evolutionary prototyping of software process.
(b) How the understandability and adaptability enhance the quality of software design ?
(c) What features make client – server model attractive for system structuring ?
4. (a) Write the features and advantages of menus for user interface design.
(b) How structured programming could be used to avoid faults in software process.
(c) Define POFOD and MTTF of software reliability metrics.
5. (a) Describe the merits of software development with reuse.
(b) Mention different testing strategies of software. Explain any one of them.
(c) Explain the characteristics of clean room software development.
6. (a) In the development of large, embedded real time systems, suggest five factors which are likely to have a significant effect on the productivity of the software development team.
(b) Explain the factors influencing the staff selection for a software project.
7. (a) Explain the criteria used for software pricing.
(b) How the software standards assure software quality ?
(c) Describe the features considered for measuring program quality metrics.
8. (a) Describe, with a block diagram SEI process maturity model.
(b) Explain the process of project planning.