TIPS AND TRICKS FOR GATE 2016 ASPIRANTS
1. First of all go through latest syllabus of GATE completely. Read every single topic of each subject carefully mentioned in the GATE syllabus. “It is important to know what to study but it is more important to know what not to study”
It will surely help greatly those who are preparing self at home. must check : GATE 2016 Pattern & Syllabus
3. Always read standard books. Must check : GATE 2016 Books
4. Many would say 3 to 4 month serious preparation is enough but I would suggest you as per present competition you must start your preparation as soon as possible targeting GATE 2016 examination.
5. First of all make proper plan before starting your GATE preparation. What you have to study ? What you have already studied or in which areas you are weak and in which areas you are strong ? How many hours you have in a day for GATE preparation ? Specially if you are preparing for GATE with college study.
6. In free time try to read articles or guide notes written by previously qualified candidates or toppers. It will surely give you a good idea about GATE preparation because experience take time and you are getting it without Wasting your time. If possible try to communicate with them so that they can rectify your silly mistakes in your preparation strategy.
7. Always keep a copy of syllabus of GATE with you, refer it as much as possible because many time we try to ignore many topic and those topics have big portion in your GATE paper and that inversely affect your rank in GATE examination.
8. Don’t start your preparation in rush like doing all subjects at once. Starting studying everything like theory and numerical of all subjects at once it will confused you in last time preparation. Start with basics then go high as you find yourself good enough prepared. As per my suggestion make your GATE preparation plan in three steps :
(1) First basic studies like definitions, units, dimensions etc. It will help you very well in extension study of that particular subject. (2) Theoretical portion of that particular subject. (3) Numerical portion of that particular subject.
At last revision of that particular subject before starting new one. Try to study only one subject at a time. If you can manage two subjects at a time that would also good. But more then two subjects at a time may lead you in big confusion in last time preparation or at revision time.
9. Try to solve as much as possible theoretical and numerical problems because as said “Practice makes man perfect”.
10. Stay with a particular topic, understand what GATE paper designer ask from that topic, read all questions asked in GATE previous years, try to solve similar kind of question from as much as possible books.
11. When you find you have done enough questions for that particular topic then try to find some tricks that will help you to solve question with in shortest possible time so that you can utilize your remaining time in other questions solving because in GATE paper three kind of questions they asked :
(1) Easy : Which many students would be able to answer without much preparation.
(2) Moderate : These kind of question easily answered by who prepared for GATE with some awareness.
(3) Hard : For this kind of questions student need very good preparation of every single topic of each subject mentioned in the GATE syllabus.
12. Always try to develop some good tricks while you study at home because to be master in some kind of tricks you have to practice it as much as possible time.
13. Mock tests are the most important part in your preparation because you ore going to prepare for an exam not for writing a X book. So if you will not try to prepare in exam like environment you will surel m that in return lead you less marks.
14. Always evaluate yourself, not just run like a horse in a race. Make a plan for study. Study for 6 days in a week and left 1 day for revision purpose for what you have studied in last 6 days. Same do it for a month plan. Leave 2-3 days of a month in last for the revision for what you have studied in that particular month.
15. If you don’t have enough time to prepare the whole syllabus of GATE then first calculate in what areas examiner asked questions the most try to prepare them first then others.