Syllabus of GTU Power Electronics 7th Sem EC
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
Electronics & Communication Engineering
B. E. SEMESTER: VII
Subject Name: Power Electronics
Subject Code: 171002
1. Power semiconductor devices:
Introduction, Power Diodes, Power BJT, Thyristor Characteristics, Two
Transistor model of Thyristor, Series and Parallel operation of Thyristors,
Power MOSFET, GTO, IGBT, SIT- Device Structures and Characteristics,
Handling precautions and power dissipation in all these devices, Turn ONTurn
OFF methods and Circuits, Protections, Ratings and applications,
Handling precautions and power dissipation in all these devices..
2. Controlled Rectifiers:
Controlled Rectifiers, Single phase power circuits, Three phase controlled
rectifier circuits, Analysis of Controlled Rectifiers with resistive and
inductive load and speed control of motors.
3. DC Chopper:
Introduction, Principle of operation, analysis with waveforms of Step-Down
and Step-Up choppers, buck, boost and buck-boost Converter. Chopper
classifications, Chopper control of motors
Principal of Operation of Pulse Width Modulated Inverters, Performance
Parameters, Single Phase and Three Phase Bridge Inverters.
Uninterruptible Power Supply, Switched mode Power Supply, RF Heating,
1. Power Electronics – Circuit, Devices and Applications, M. Rashid, Pearson Education
2. Power Electronic, M.D. Singh and Khanchandani, Tata McGraw Hill Publications.
3. Power Electronics: Essential and Applications, L. Umanand, wiley India pvt.Ltd.
4. Power Electronics: Joseph Vithyathil , Tata McGraw Hill Publications
To download engineering ebooks, medical ebooks, management ebooks, free ebooks please visit www.kopykitab.com