Sathyabama University Question Papers
Analog Integrated Circuits BE Third Sem
Answer ALL the Questions
1. Define the terms accuracy and precision.
2. What are the applications of Sweep frequency generators?
3. What is meant by Piezoelectric transducer?
4. Draw the Vector diagram of Wien’s bridge.
5. What are the different types of Ohm meters?
6. What are the applications of storage oscilloscope?
7. What is meant by automatic Zeroing?
8. State the advantages of digital instruments over analog
9. What are the basic components of a magnetic tape recorder?
10. What are the materials used for doping in LED?
PART – B (5 x 12 = 60)
Answer All the Questions
11. (a) Explain the various types of static errors in instruments. (8)
(b) The current through a resistor is 2.5A, but the measurement
yields a value of 2.45A. Calculate the absolute error and the
percentage error of the measurement. (4)
12. Draw the block diagram of a function generator and explain its
13. Explain the construction of LVDT and explain its principle of
14. A wheatstone bridge has the following resistances. AB=200W,
BC = 20W, CD = 8W, DA = 100W.
A galvanometer of 40W is connected across BD. Find the current
through the galvanometer when a potential difference of 20v is
applied across AC.
15. With neat diagram explain the construction and operation of
permanent magnet moving coil instruments. Derive the
expression for the torque.
16. Draw the basic block diagram of an Oscilloscope and explain the
functions of each block.
17. What are the various types of Digital Voltmeters? Explain the
basic principle and operation of any one of them.
18. Explain the operation of a counter which is used for measuring.
(a) Frequency (b) Time (c) Period.
19. Draw the block diagram of X-Y recorder and explain its
operation. List out the applications of X-Y recorder.
20. Explain with a neat diagram the method of realizing a 7 segment
numeric display using LEDS.