RGPV Sample Papers
Mechanical Engineering 6th Sem 2011
1. How engineering material are classified? Give their classification?
2. Draw a nominated stress-strain diagram for a ductile material like mild steel and write down Hooke’s law
3. Write short notes on the following measuring instruments:
(a) Venier caliper (b) Dial gauge.
4. Write down the names of important parts of a lathe machine and also write down the names of important operations of lathe machines.
5. Write and explain Bernoulli’s theorem.6. Explain the following fluid properties
(a) Pressure (b) Density (c) Viscosity.
6. Explain the following fluid properties
(a) Pressure (b) Density (c) Viscosity
7. Write down first law of thermodynamics and enlist its short comings
8. How boilers are classified? Write down few names of mountings and accessories of a boiler
9. Write down the working of four stroke petrol engine with the help of neat sketche
10. Explain working of a four stroke diesel engine with the help of neat sketches
1. a) Write classification and properties of cast iron.
1. b) Explain the properties and uses of stainless steel.
2. (a) Draw and explain stress-strain curve for an elastic material.
2. (b) Define fatigue, hardness, toughness and stiffness.
3.(a) Describe Vernier calliper with neat sketch. How small/linear measurements are done with it?
3.(b) Describe various methods of temperature measurement.
4. (a) Explain Drilling machine with the help of a neat sketch.
4. (b) Explain Sine Bar.
5. (a) Define the following properties of fluids: (i) Density (ii) Specific volume (iii) Specific gravity
(iv) Viscosity (v) Kinematic viscosity.
5. (b) State and explain Bernoulli’s equation for incompressible fluids.
6. (a) The water is flowing through a pipe having diameters 25 cm and 1o cm at section 1 and 2 respectively. The rate of flow of water through the pipe is 30 litres/sec. Section 1 is 10 m above the ground and section 2 is 2 m above the ground. If pressure at section 1 is 40 N/cm2, find the pressure at section 2.
6. (b) Explain fluid coupling.
7. (a) State and explain First law of thermodynamics.
7. (b) How boilers are classified? Explain giving examples.
8. a) Explain the construction and working of a Chchran boiler with the help of a neat sketch.
8. b) List Boilers mountigs and accessories.
9. (a) Explain the working of a four stroke petrol engine.
9. (b) Explain Carnot cycle.
10. (a) Write down the principal parts of an I.C. Engine with their functions.
10. (b) Differentiate between two-stroke and four-stroke cycle.