RGPV Previous Question Papers BE 4th Semester
Electromagnetic Theory Dec 2003
Note: Attempt any five questions. All question carry equal marks.
1. (a) Give physical singifitions of curl, divergence and gradient of vector.
(b) State and explain divergence theorem.
2. (a) Obtain general solution of Laplace’s equation .
(b) State and prove Stake’s theorem
3. (a) State Faradays law and hence derive Maxwell’s equation in integral form.
(b) What is uniform plane wave? Show that for such a wave, the electric fields has no component
Along the directions of propagation.
4. (a) what do you mean by displacement current? Give it signification.
(b) Proved that the intrinsic impedance Offered by free space is 120 π.
5. (a) State Maxwell’s equation in differential from and explain their physical signification.
(b) Driven an expression for the potential at a point outside a hollow sphere having a uniform charge
6. (a) State and prove the boundary conditions to be satisfied by electric filed.
(b) Find the magnetic vector potential at points remodel from short length wire carrying an
7. (a) Prove that the maximum effective aperture of a linear half wave antenna is given by 0.13 (wave length) 2.
(b) Explain the following:
(i) Magnetic vector potential (ii) Skin depth
8. Write short notes of any three of the following:
(i) Ampere’s law (ii) Pointing vector (iii) Reflection of uniform plain waves
(iv) Continuity equation.