RGPV Previous Question Papers BE 3rd Sem Object oriented Programming Methodology June 2005
RGPV Previous Question Papers BE 3rd Semester
Object oriented Programming Methodology June 2005
(Common for CS,EC/IC and IT Engg.)
Note:Attempt one question from each unit.
All question carry equal marks.
1. (a) What object orientation ? What are the various areas of applications
Of object Technologies ? Discuss in brief
(b) What is an abstract class ? What restrictions are there on these classes
(c) How object of two different classes can interact ? Give an example for it.
2. (a) Compare object based , class based and object oriented languages .
(b) Compare aggregation and inheritance . What are the properties of aggregation ?
© Discuses about the memory requirements for data members and accessory functions of object
of a class.
3. (a) What are the major characteristics of object oriented programming languages ?
(b) Why data members and members functions are declared as static in any class ? Explain by giving
proper example .
© Write a program in C++ to accept two object of class distance with data members meter,
centimeter and millimeter and to find the sum of these distance . Use a member function add()
to add this object and the function should return the added object .
4. (a) What is association ? How will you identify association ? What are different forms of
(b) What is function over loading ? How polymorphism is achieved by functions over loading ?
© Write a program in C++ to overload a function AREA () to calculate the area of a triangle,
square and rectangle.
5. (a) What is a this pointer ? Explain the of it.
(b) What are dynamic constrictors ? Write a program to display the use of dynamic constructors.
© Write pros and cons of inline function .
6. (a) What is inheritance ? Explain about different forms of it by giving example .
(b) What are access specifies ? Discuss their use in inheritance .
© Created a class employ containing procted data name and imp_ no. Write its Constar and
destructor function . Created to derived classes daily _ based containing private data members
rate and days and a class permanent containing basic and allowances by inheriting employ
class as public .
Write appropriate function in each class to calculate total salary of each employ and to display
name; employee no. and total salary.
7. (a) What do mean by friend functions ? when do you decliner a class as friends class ? Explain.
(b) What is operator overloading? List soma of the operators that can be overloaded add those
which can not be .
© Using friends function . Write a program in C++ to overload Unary operator ++ with respect to
a class time with data members, Hr, min and sec .
8. Write short notes on the following:
(a) Virtual funcations
(b) Virtual base class
(d) Early and late binding