RGPV Previous Question Papers BE 2nd Semester
1. (a) Give classification of stone masonory. What points should the observed while supervising stone masonary work?
(b) Define a linted. Mention where and why they are used in buildings. Give name of molenals which are commonly made for making lintel?
(c) What are various types of stairs cases commaonly used? Which of the types you will use when.
(i) Space available is minimum.
(ii) Space available is large.
2. (a) What are various types of cement commonly available? Give details of any four types of cement.
(b) What is water cement ration? How is it important for the strength of concrete?
(c) Write down advantages of prestressed concrete over other low types of concrete available.
3. (a) Explain the various obstacles encountered during chain survey. How are they tackled?
(b) A distance of 4666 m was measured by a 30 m chain. Later it was detected that chain was found 2.5 cms too long. If the chain was initially correct, determine the exact length that was measured.
(c) Discuss only disadvantages of Plane table surveying?
4. (a) Define the following terms :
(i) True meridian
(ii) Magnetic meridian
(iii) Magnetic declination
(iv) Local attraction.
(b) Following observations were made with a compass. At what stations do you suspect local attraction? find the corrected bearings of the lines:
Line Fore Bearing Back Bearing
AB S 45 degree 30′ E N 45 degree 30′ W
BC S 60 degree 00′ E N 60 degree -40′ W
CD S 03 degree 20′ E N 05 degree -30′ W
DA S 85 degree 00′ W N 83 degree 30′ E
(c) Differentiate between fore bearing and back bearing?
5. The following consecutive readings were taken on a ground.
Instrument was shifted after 5th & 8th reading now.
Stations B.S. I.S. F.S. H.I. R.L.
A 0.165 100.165 100.00 B.M.
B 2.100 98.065
C 3.160 97.005
D 2.135 98.03
E 1.335 2.125 99.395 98.04
F 1.125 98.270
G 1.465 2.455 98.405 96.94
H 3.085 95.32
I 2.125 96.28
The instrument was shifted after taking 5th and 8th readings. Enter the data in a level book page and calculate all the R.L.S., if first reading was taken on B.M. 100.00. Apply usual check.
6. (a) What are contours? Give important characteristics of contours.
(b) Determine the area between line AB and a meandering stream for offsets taken at a regular interval of 20 m along the line AB. Use any two methods for calculations:
Point Distance (m) Offset
A 0 11
B 440 12
7. (a) Various bond used in brick masonry.
(b) Remote Sensing
(c) E.D.M. methods over conventional methods.
(d) Various types of doors
(e) Curing the concrete
(f) Seasoning of timber
8. (a) What is foundation? Give simple classification of same, giving circumstances under which they are to be adopted.
(b) What is bearing capacity of soil? How its value is useful in design of foundation?
(c) Describe any two types of bonds commonly used in brick masonry. Give advantages of one over other?