RGPV Old Question Papers BE
Object Oriented Technology Forth Sem June 2010
Note: The question paper divided into five units. Each Unit carries an internal choice. Attempt one
Questions from each unit . Thus attempt five question in all .All question carry equal marks.
Assume suitable data whenever necessary.
1. (i) What is object oriented programming ? How does it differ from structured programming? Discuss
the characterics of object oriented language.
(ii) Compare global, automatic and static objects. Write a program in C++ to demonstrate the
creation and use of dynamics objects.
2. (i) What is an object ? How object of two different classes and interact ? Give an example for it.
(ii) Explain the following terms in object-oriented programming abstract data types , visibility and
3. (i) What is aggregation? Explain its properties and various types .
(ii) What are the different elements of object model? Explain .
(iii) Explain the following by giving suitable example:
(a) Recursive association (b) Named association
4. (a) Draw an object diagram to compute the interaction between students at teachers for course at
per given time table . You are advice to choose descriptive self explanatory class, attribute and
(ii) Compare aggregation and inheritance . What are the properties of aggregation ?
(iii) What are the different kinds of relationship among classes ? Explain
5. (i) How virtual inheritance removes the drawbacks of hybrid inheritance ? Write a program to
demonstrate it .
(ii) Explain operator overloading with the implementation of complex number and its numeric
operations addition, subtraction, multiplication and division .
6. (i) Discuss about the following :
(a) Method lookup
(ii) When does ambiguity arise in inheritance? How can one resolved it ? Develop a program in C++ to
derived class having the following items: Name, age, roll no, marks empcode and designation .
Design a base class student having members as roll no, marks and the another base class employee
having data members as empcode and designation. These both base classes are inherited from a
Single base class person with data members name and age . The program should carry out the
required input () and output () member function for all .
7. (i) What is Containership ? How does it differ from inheritance?
(ii) Write a program to create a database of the students information such as name , roll no and the
program should have the following facilities :
(a) Adds a new record to the file
(b) Modifies the details of a record
© Displays the contents of the file
8. (i) Define a stream . What are three streams used for inputting , outputting and both for inputting
and outputting ?
(iii) Write a java program to produce the following output :
The number of rows to be printed is read from the user.
9. (i) Explain how memory allocation failure can be handled in C++ ?
(ii) Defines interfaces in java . How interfaces are implemented ? How can they be accessed ? How to apply interfaces ? What are meant by extrusion of interfaces ? Explain with an examples .
10. (i) what is the difference between the following in java ?
(a) Static class , public class , and class with any keyword and static data member .
(b) Static function and public function and public static function
(C) Keywords implements and keyword extends
(d) Abstract classes and concrete classes
Give and examples in each case to illustrate the difference .
(ii) What is Unicode ? Why java uses Unicode and not ASCII code ?