RGPV Information Technology Fourth Sem Syllabus
B.E. 401 – ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS III
Functions of complex variables : Analytic functions, Harmonic Conjugate, Cauchy-Riemann Equations, Line Integral, Cauchy’s Theorem, Cauchy’s Integral Formula, Singular Points, Poles & Residues, Residue Theorem , Application of Residues theorem for evaluation of real integrals
Errors & Approximations, Solution of Algebraic & Trancedental Equations (Regula Falsi , Newton-Raphson, Iterative, Secant Method), Solution of simultaneous linear equatins by Gauss Elimination, Gauss Jordan, Crout’s methods , Jacobi’s and Gauss-Siedel Iterative methods
Difference Operators, Interpolation ( Newton Forward & Backward Formulae, Central Interpolation Formulae, Lagrange’s and divided difference formulae ), Numerical Differentiation and Numerical Integration.
Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations(Taylor’s Series, Picard’s Method, Modified Euler’s Method, Runge-Kutta Method, Milne’s Predictor & Corrector method ), Correlation and Regression, Curve Fitting (Method of Least Square).
Concept of Probability : Probability Mass function, Probability density function. Discrete Distribution: Binomial, Poisson’s, Continuous Distribution: Normal Distribution, Exponential Distribution ,Gamma Distribution ,Beta Distribution ,Testing of Hypothesis |:Students t-test, Fisher’s z-test, Chi-Square Method
(i) Numerical Methods using Matlab by J.H.Mathews and K.D.Fink, P.H.I.
(ii) Numerical Methods for Scientific and Engg. Computation by MKJain, Iyengar and RK Jain, New Age International Publication
(iii) Mathematical Methods by KV Suryanarayan Rao, SCITECH Publuication
(iv) Numerical Methods using Matlab by Yang,Wiley India
(v) Pobability and Statistics by Ravichandran ,Wiley India Mathematical Statistics by George R., Springer
FT- 402 Safety Management
Role of functions of a Manager. Elements and function of Management. Management role, authority, responsibility & power. Delegation and decentralization of authority. History of safety management in India and abroad. Need for safety: legal, humanitarian, economic and social consideration.
Accident, injury, dangerous occurrences, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, hazards etc. Theories of accident occurrences. Principal of accident prevention scope and effect: Risk management. Safety inspection. Safety audit. Disaster control.
PLANNING & ORGANISING FOR SAFETY: Definition, need, nature, principles, policy formulation and effective planning for safety.Organization structure of safety department.Safety officer – Qualification, responsibilities, duties & Power.Safety Committee -Structure & Functions.
Directing for safety, Role and functions of a leader.Communication with management, employees & Union.Managerial communication. Training of workers, supervisors & managers. Evaluation & review of training programme. Role of management, supervisors, and safety department in motivation & safety performance.
Role of trade unions in safety and health. Safety suggestions schemes. Safety competitions, safety incentive schemes. Audiovisual methods. Other promotional methods. Direct & indirect cost of accidents. Information on safety, health and accidents. Analysis of information on accident.
1. Accident Prevention manual for Industrial Operations, NSC, Chicago 1982.
- Principles of Industrial managements by Kootaz & Donnel.
- Brawn D. B. , system analysis & design for safety, Prentice Hall inc, New Jersey.
- Lees, F.P., loss prevention in process industries, Butter worth’s, New Delhi 1986
FT- 403 Rescue Equipments and Techniques
Hydraulically and pneumatically operated tools and equipments:- Hydraulic Jack, Hydraulic Cutter, Hydraulic Expander. Air Lifting Bags, Electric Power Tools: – Electric Cutter, Electric Saw, Chain Saw etc.
Small Gears: – Their types, Applications and working principal Ladders: – Constructional features, Their types, Material and applications Ropes: – Their types, material and applications.
General Introduction- Emergency Rescue Tender, Water Tender, Foam tender, Multipurpose Tender Hydraulic Platform, Turn Table Ladder, Canteen Van and Ambulance;
Fire Extinguishers:- Their types & Applications.
Rescue by Ordinary Means:
Different types of Knots & Hitches and their applications in emergency
Carries & Drags: – Fireman carry, Two man carry, three man carry, four man carry, chair carry,
stretcher carry and different types of Drags.
Rescue problems and their remedies: – Rescue from High – rise buildings
Rescue from major disasters – Earthquake, Flood, Drought, Tsunami etc.
Confined Space Rescue Rescue from Mines Rescue from Fire incident
Respiratory Equipments: –
Respiratory Physiology: – Composition of Air, Breathing, Breathing Rate, Calculation of the capacity &
time duration of the B.A.Set. Artificial Respiration and their techniques, Renunciator B.A. Set: – Their types, Constructional features, Working Principal and Applications.
Gas Masks: – Their types, Constructional features, Working Principal and Applications.
- The manual of fire ship – 6 – A by HMSO
- Elementary principles of rescue by Got. Of India, ministry of Home Affairs
- Rescue Service Manual by HMSO
- Rescue -Civil defense handbook by HMSO
- Rescue tender for Airfields by ISI
- Relevant ISI special appliances and equipments
- Manual of fireman ship book no. 244
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
Name of Practical
To study the Introduction of Fire
To study the different types of Extinguishers and its maintenance
To study the Rescue Tender and Foam Tender
To study Personal Protective Equipments
To study different types of Ropes, Knots & Hitches
To study different types of Ladders
To study the Breathing Apparatus
To study about Hand tools & Portable tools
FT- 404 Electrical Fire Safety
Generation: – Different types of Generating Stations, their equipments, Possible Faults and safety measures.
Transmission: – Transmission lines, their equipments, Possible Faults and safety measures. UNIT-III
Distribution: – Substation their equipments, Possible Faults and safety measures.
Transformer: – Their types, Working Principal, Applications, Possible faults & Safety measures.
Electrical Safety Equipments: – Relay, Fuses, Circuit Breaker, Insulators – Their types and applications
Earthing : – Their methods and applications.
Insulation: – Their types and applications Static Electricity & its protection UNIT-V
Indian Standards (General reading)
- I.S. 2206 (Part – I) – 1962Specifications for flame-proof electric lighting fitting.
- I.S. 3034 – 1961 Code of Practice for fire safety of industrial buildings Electrical Generating and distribution stations.
- I.S. 1646 – 1961 Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Buildings (General) Electrical installations.
- I.S. 2148 – 1968 Specifications for Flame Proof Enclosures of Electrical apparatus. References:
- Electricity Fire Risks – G.S. Hodges
- J.P. Handbook.
- Estimating & Costing – S.L. Uppal
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
- To study the various methods of earthing
- To study the safety procedures in electrical maintenance work and also classify hazards
- To study the static electricity
- To study the sailent features of Transformer oil
- To study the various causes of electrical fire
- To study the firefighting and rescue in the presence of radiation hazards
- To study the radioactive waste management
FT- 405 Pumping Machinery and Fluid Mechanics
Principles of Hydraulic Machinery, Dynamic Section of Fluid, Dynamic force and torque executed by fluid jet on plain, curved stationary and moving vanes; Velocity Diagrams, work done by impact, pressure due to deviated flow. Pumps (Positive Displacement Pumps)Reciprocating pumps; Basic theory, types, construction, installation characteristics and operation and accessories.
Centrifugal pumps and its characteristics. Other water lifting devices, Ejector pumps, Air-lift pump installation operation. Parallel-Series, Centrifugal pumps. Pump Section, Maintenance and application.
HYDRAULICS : The flow of water through open channels, pipe hose and nozzles. Measures of flow, pressure and pressure drop. KINEMATICS OF FLUIDS FLOW : Type of flow, path lines and stream lines, equation of continuity, one dimensional method of flow analysis.
DYNAMICS OF FLUID FLOW Energies-potential, pressure and kinetic, Momentum and energy equations for steady flow, Barnoulli’s theorem and its applications.
FLUID MEASUREMENT: Pressure measurements, use of piezometers and static tubes, velocity measurements, use of pitch-tubes, current meters. Discharge measurement, use of venturimeter. Orifice meter etc.
DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS :Dimensions and units; Dimensional homogeneity; Buckingham’s II theorem, Laws of Similarity. FLOW IN PIPES :Friction losses in pipes; loses due to sudden enlargement and contraction, Hydraulic and energy gradient lines, siphon, pipes in series and parallel, branching of pipes. Water hammer problems.
- Pump Selection and application : Tyler C. Riches.
- Pump Operators, Handbook : I.S. University of Science and Technology.
- Fire Pumps and Hydraulics : I.E. Ditts and T.M. Harris.
- Hydraulic Mechanics: Dr. J.Lal
- Pumps and Blowers : Church and Lal
- Manual of Fireman ship Book No.4
- Hydraulics Machines : J.Lal
- Fire-fighting Hydraulics : Purington
- Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics : P.N.Modi, Dr. S.M. Seth
- A text-book of Hydraulics, Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machines: R.S. Khurmi
- Fluid Mechanics and Systems : S. Nagarathnam
- Engineering Fluid Mechanics : K.L. Kumar
- A Text Book on Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics (Vol. 1) : Dr. V.G. Garde, R.M.Advani.
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
- To study Centrifugal Pump Characteristics
- To study force balances in a Static System.
- To study Different Types of Flow.
- To determine the loss of head in the fittings at the various water flow rates
FT – 406 Dot. Net
Introduction .NET framework, features of .Net framework, architecture and component of .Net, elements of .Net.
Basic Features Of C# Fundamentals, Classes and Objects, Inheritance and Polymorphism, Operator Overloading, Structures. Advanced Features Of C# Interfaces, Arrays, Indexers and Collections; Strings and Regular Expressions, Handling Exceptions, Delegates and Events.
Installing ASP.NET framework, overview of the ASP .net framework, overview of CLR, class library, overview of ASP.net control, understanding HTML controls, study of standard controls, validations controls, rich controls. Windows Forms: All about windows form, MDI form, creating windows applications, adding controls to forms, handling Events, and using various Tolls
Understanding and handling controls events, ADO.NET- Component object model, ODBC, OLEDB, and SQL connected mode, disconnected mode, dataset, data-reader Data base controls: Overview of data access data control, using grid view controls, using details view and frame view controls, ado .net data readers, SQL data source control, object data source control, site map data source.
XML: Introducing XML, Structure, and syntax of XML, document type definition (DTD), XML Schema, Document object model, Presenting and Handling XML. xml data source, using navigation controls, introduction of web parts, using java script, Web Services
- C# for Programmers by Harvey Deitel, Paul Deitel, Pearson Education
- Web Commerce Technology Handbook by Daniel Minoli, Emma Minoli , TMH
- Web Programming by Chris Bates, Wiley
- XML Bible by Elliotte Rusty Harold ,
- ASP .Net Complete Reference by McDonald, TMH.
- DO .Net Complete Reference by Odey, TMH
List of Experiments/ program (Pl. expand it):
1. Working with call backs and delegates in C#
- Code access security with C#.
- Creating a COM+ component with C#.
- Creating a Windows Service with C#
- Interacting with a Windows Service with C#
- Using Reflection in C#
- Sending Mail and SMTP Mail and C#
- Perform String Manipulation with the String Builder and String Classes and C#:
- Using the System .Net Web Client to Retrieve or Upload Data with C#
- Reading and Writing XML Documents with the xMl Text-Reader/-Writer Class and C#
- Working with Page using ASP .Net.
- Working with Forms using ASP .Net
- Data Sources access through ADO. Net,
- Working with Data readers , Transactions
- Creating Web Application.
RGPV Information Technology Fourth Sem Syllabus