RGPV Exams Questions Papers 3rd SEM June 2006 Electronics
RGTU B.E. (Third semester) EXAMINATION, JUNE, 2006
(Common for EC/EE/IP Engg.)
(ELECTRONICS – EE/EC/EX-304)
Note: Attempt any five questions. All question carry equal marks. Assume any data missing.
1. (a) Explain the working of the semiconductor diode characteristics . Does the characteristics
temperature dependent , if so give reasoning and shape of new characteristics ?
(b) Give brief answer to each of the following :
(i) Tunneling in diode (ii) Zener breakdown
(ii) Diffusion capacitance (iv) Junction capacitance
2. (a) Explain the working of a JEFT . Draw the drain characteristics and define IDSS and VP.
(b) Find the value of IC, IB and VCE from the circuit given ahead if ß= 40 , VCC = 20.5, RC = 6.5 K, R1 =80 K
and R2 = 8k.
3. (a) What is feedback amplifier ? Describe the merits and demerits of the feedback.
(b) Sketch the circuit of phase shift oscillator . Explain its working and determine its frequency of
4. (a) Draw the circuit of Bisatable multivibrator .Explain iots working.
(b) Draw and explain Darlington emitter follower circuit. Why the input impedance is higher than
that of a single state emitter follower ?
5. (a) Define the following parameter.
(i) Input offset voltage (ii) CMRR
(iii) Slew rate (iv) Current mirror
(b) Explain with diagram how an operator amplifier can be used as a differentiator and an integrator.
6. (a) What is difference between power amplifier and voltage amplifier ? Draw circuit diagram of a
class B power amplifier and verify explain .
(b) What is meant by an ideal difference amplifier ? Draw the circuit diagram of a emitter coupled
7. (a) Discuss turn –on and turn-off mechanism in SCR .
(b) Draw a half –wave SCR circuit . Indicate the current and voltage wave forms of the SCR.
8. Write short notes on any three of the following :
(a) PIN diode (b) WIEN bridge oscillator
© IC -555 (d) UJT
(e) Convertor and inverter circuit.