Pulse and Switching Waveforms EC Syllabus for NIT Jalandhar
Pulse and Switching Waveforms EC Syllabus for
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
EC-353 Pulse and Switching Waveforms [3 0 0 3]
Introduction to Pulse waveforms: Functions, signals and waveforms, classification and analysis of pulse waveforms, passive and active pulse circuits, periodic waveforms, Fourier series, Fourier transform, Laplace transform, Laplace transform pair, use of Laplace transform, transfer function, frequency function of pulse waveforms.
Linear Wave Shaping: Low pass & high pass circuits & their response to different input waveforms viz. step, pulse, ramp, exponential etc. Low pass circuit on differentiator, high pass circuit as integrator. Compensated Two level clipping. Comparators, Clamping circuit, Clamping Theorem.
Multivibrators: Bistable multivibrator, fixed bias, self-bias transistor binary circuits concept of speed-up capacitor. Triggering of binary, Schmitt Trigger.
Monostable Multivibrator: circuit explanation & waveforms, rigging of monostable multivibrator – circuit explanation & waveform, timing considerations
1. Millman and Taub, “Pulse, Digital and Switching Waveforms”, Tata McGraw-Hill Edition,
2. Aggarwal K K and Rai, “Wave Shaping and Digital Circuits”, Khanna Publishers, Reprint (1992).
3. Straus, “Wave Generation and Shaping”, McGraw Hill.
4. Bakshi U A and Godse A P, “Waveshaping Techniques,” 1st edition, Technical Publications, Pune,
5. Boylestad Nashelsky, “Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory,” 8th edition, Pearson education, 7th
Indian reprint, (2004).