NIT Warangal Civil Engineering Syllabus MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTATION
MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTATION
Measurement attributes – Measurement Systems – Characteristics – Transducers – Classification – functions
– Measurement of Pressure – Torque – strain – Velocity, acceleration and Vibrations – Measurement of
climatalogical variables. Non Destructive Testing (NDT): Principles, Techniques and methods of testing for
Health monitoring of structures – Testing of composites.
1. A K Sawhney, A Course in Electrical and Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation, 17th Edition,
Dhanpat Rai & Co, 2008.
2. Doebelin, Measurement Systems, Applications and Design, Tata McGraw Hill 2008.
3. J. Prasad and CGK Nair, Non-Destructive Test and Evaluation of Materials, Tata McGraw Hill 2008.
4. Thomas G. Beckwith, Roy D. Marangoni and John H. Lienhard, Mechanical Measurements, 6th Edition,
Prentice Hall, 2006.