NIT Warangal Civil Engineering Syllabus Geo Synthetics
Overview on geosynthetics; Designing with geotextiles: Geotextile properties, test methods and construction
and design methods; Designing with geogrids: Geogrid properties and test methods and design; Designing
with geonets – Geonet properties and test methods and designing with geonet; Designing with geomembranes
– Geomembrane properties and applications; Designing with geocomposites – Geocomposites in seperation,
reinforcement, filtration and drainage.
1. Babu Sivakumar, Introduction to Soil Reinforcement and Geosynthetics, Univ. Press, Hyderabad, 2004.
2. Koerner, R.M., Designing with Geosynthetics, Pearson Education Inc., New Delhi, 2005
3. Rao, G.V., Geosynthetics – An Introduction, Sai Master Geoenviron-mental Services Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad,
4. Shukla, Fundamentals of Geosynthetic Engg. Imperial College Press, London, 2006.