Skip to content
NIT Srinagar Syllabus 7th Sem CSE
- Representation of Numbers. Sources of errors and their propagation.
- Error analysis and the idea of conditioning.
- Linear systems of equations and their solutions.
- Gauss elimination and its complexity and robustness.
- Well-conditioning and matrix inversion.
- Gram-Schmitt orthogonalization.
- Interpolation and approximation.
- Divided differences.
- Interpolation at increasing number of points.
- Best approximation and orthogonal polynomials.
- Iterative methods for root finding.
- Rates of convergence.
- Fixed points.
- Iterative methods for linear systems.
- Numerical Differentiation.
- Ordinary Differential Equations and numerical Integration.
- P. Davis, Interpolation and Approximation, Dover, 1975.
- S.D.Conte and C. deBoor, Elementary Numerical Analysis 3ed, McGraw Hill, 1981.