Design of Concrete Structures II Syllabus
NIT Jalandhar VI SEM
CE 304 Design of Concrete Structures – II [3 0 0 3]
R. C. C. Footings: Design of combined footings (Trapezoidal and rectangular) Design of Strap
footing and raft foundations.Design of piles and pile footings.
Beams curved in plan: Design of semicircular beams supported on three supports. Design of
circular beam supported on symmetrically placed columns.
Domes: Introduction to different types of domes and shells. Design of spherical and conical
domes. Design of cylindrical shells supported on edge beams.
Staircases: Types of staircases, loads on stair, Design of different types of staircases.
Retaining Walls: Design of cantilever and counter fort retaining walls. Design of basement walls.
Water Tanks: Introduction, Design of tanks resting on ground, under ground tanks and elevated
1. Raju N K “Advanced Design of Structures” Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2000.
2. Varghese P C “Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design” Prentice Hall of India, New
3. Dayaratnam, P” Advanced Design of Concrete Structures” Oxford and IBH Publishing
Co, Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2002.
4. Syal I.C “Behaviour, Analysis and Design of Reinforced Concrete structural Elements”
S. Chand & company, New Delhi, 2003.
5. James, G. Mac Gregor, ”Reinforced Concrete- Mechanics and Design”, Prentice Hall,
N.J., New York,1997.