NIT Jalandhar Syllabus for Soil Dynamics
CE 434 Soil Dynamics
Introduction, Nature of Dynamic Loads
Theory of vibrations.
Dynamic Earth pressure and dynamic bearing capacity of shallow foundations. Liquefaction of
Wave propagation in an elastic, homogeneous and isotropic medium
Determining dynamic soil parameters.
Machine foundations for reciprocating, impact type and Rotary machines.
Vibration isolation and screening.
1. Barken D D “Dynamics of bases and foundations” McGraw Hill, New York, 1962
2. Saran S “Soil Dynamics and Machine Foundations”, Galogotia Publications Pvt. Ltd,New
3. Rao N D V K “Vibration Analysis and Foundation Dynamics” Wheeler Publishing Div. of A.
H. Wheeler & Co. Ltd. New Delhi, 1998
4. Krammer S “Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering” Pearson Education Pvt. Ltd. New
5. Prakash S “Soil Dynamics” McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, 1981.