Entrepreneurial Development and Management Syllabus NIT Jalandhar
Entrepreneurial Development and Management
Entrepreneurship Development: Meaning, objectives, scope & philosophy, type of entrepreneurs, factors affecting entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial qualities, need for promotion of entrepreneurship & small business, linkage between entrepreneurship and economic development, problem of increasing unemployment, creativity & entrepreneurship, harnessing locally available resources.
Entrepreneurship Support System: SIDBI, SISIs, SSIEC, SFCs, DICs, NSIC, EDI (Ahmedabad), NRDC, NIESBUD, PSIEC and Technical Consultancy Organisations.
Project Report Preparation: Planning a small scale industry, identifying business opportunities, project report & its importance, various contents of project report: managerial & entrepreneurial capabilities, socio-economic benefits, demand analysis, technical feasibility and financial viability.
Introduction to Marketing Management: Brief introduction to various types of product strategies, pricing strategies, channel strategies and promotional strategies.
Introduction to Production Management: Types of production systems, production planning and control, functions of production manager & materials management.
Introduction to Human Resource Management: Manpower planning, recruitment, selection, placement & induction, training & development, compensation.
Introduction to Financial Management: Sources of finance and working capital management.
1. Prasanna Chandra, “Projects : Planning, Analysis, Selection, Implementation & Review”, Tata McGraw Hill
2. Kenneth R., Van Voorthis, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
3. B. Gupta & N.P. Srinivasan, “Entrepreneurial Development”.
4. Gopala Krishnan & V.E Rama Moorthy, “Project Management”, Macmillan India Ltd.
5. Jose Paul and Kumar Ajith N, “Entrepreneurship Development and Management”, Himalaya Publishers,
New Delhi (2000).