Analog IC Design Syllabus for NIT Jalandhar
Analog IC Design
Review of MOS Devices: MOS transistor models. NMOS, PMOS, CMOS, Introduction to analog VLSI and mixed signal issues in CMOS technologies
Basics of system hardware design methodology: Hierarchical design using top-down and bottom-up methodology
Basic Electrical Properties And Circuit Concepts: Basic Electrical Properties of MOS circuits: MOS
transistor operation in linear and saturated regions, MOS transistor threshold voltage
MOS switch and inverter, latch-up in CMOS inverter; sheet resistance and area capacitances of layers, wiring capacitances MOS models, SPICE Models
Circuit Characterization and Performance Estimation: Estimation of R, C, L, Switching Characteristicsdelay models. Power dissipation. ; MOSFET scaling – constant-voltage and constant-field scaling
CMOS Analog blocks: Current Sources and Voltage references. Differential amplifier and OPAMP design.
Practical Aspects and Design Verification: Semi-custom and cell library based design. Design of. Hardware description languages for high level design. Logic, circuit and layout verification. Analog Testing and Layout issues. Introduction to different tool used in Analog design.
1. Weste N and Eshranghian K, “Principles of CMOS VLSI Design”, Pearson Education Asia
2. Glaser L and Dobberpuhl D, “The Design and Analysis of VLSI Circuits”, Addison Wesley
3. Rabaey J, “Digital Integrated Circuits: Design perspective”, Prentice Hall India (1997).
4. Perry D, “VHDL”, 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill International (1995).
5. Pucknell D A and Eshraghian K, “Basic VLSI Design”, Prentice Hall India, New Delhi (2003).
6. D. A. Johns and K. Martin, Analog Integrated Circuit Design, Wiley Student Edition, 2002
7. P. R. Gray and R. G. Meyer, Analysis and design of Analog Integrated circuits 4th Edition, Wiley
Student Edition, 2001.
8. B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics, Prentice-Hall, 1998.
9. P. E. Allen and D. R. Holberg, CMOS Analog Circuit Design, 2nd edition, Oxford University