NIT Hamirpur Syllabus Transportation Planning and Public Transpor
NIT Hamirpur Syllabus TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND PUBLIC TRANSPOR
TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND PUBLIC TRANSPOR
1. Transportation Planning Process: Introduction, Transportation as a system, Transportation
and Sustainability, Elements of Transportation planning, Urban system components, Land
use and transportation, Land use models.
2. Transport Demand Analysis: Nature and analysis of Transportation demand, Sequential
demand analysis? Trip?generation models, Trip?distribution models, Model split analysis,
Traffic assignment models.
3. Public Transportation: Historical development of urban transportation, Mass Transit
Definitions and classifications, Transit Systems operations, Service and Characteristics,
Capacity and Level of Service of Urban Transit, Operational Design of Bus and Train
4. Transportation System Management and ITS: TSM introduction, Long?range versus TSM
planning, TSM strategies involving demand and supply, ITS concept, Examples of ITS
5. Transportation Economics: Scope of transportation economics, Transportation demand,
Demand, supply and equilibrium, Sensitivity of travel demand, Factors affecting
elasticity, Cost?Benefit analysis of transportation projects.
1. Transportation Engineering C J Khisty and B K Lall
2. Transportation Engineering and Planning C S Papacostas and P D Prevedouros
1. Traffic Engineering and Transport Planning L R Kadiyali
2. Principles of Transportation Engineering P Chakraborty and Animesh Das