NIT Delhi EC Syllabus PART V
NANO ELECTRONICS Credits: 3
Course No. EC 469 PERSONAL COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS Credits: 3
Introduction to Personal communication Systems(PCS), New wireless technology, PCS, Unlicensed PCS (UPCS )devices, UPCS applications, LANs using UPCS band, cellular spectrum efficiency, micro cell design in PCS environment, Adaptive mobile network, WLAN technology and standardization, future cellular speech encoding, antennas and power for mobile PCS system, multiband mobile antennas, PCS channel propagation in maritime environments, satellite based mobile communication systems, LEO systems, LEO signal processing design for TELSTAR I satellite, mobile cellular CDMA application and implementation, CDMA in mobile satellite service,
1. Personal Communications Systems Applications: FRED J RICCI, Prentice Hall PTR, 1997
2. Mobile Satellite Communication Networks – RE SHERIFF, YF HU, John Wiley, 2001
3. Wireless and Cellular telecommunications, 3/e, WILLIAM CY LEE, MGH, 2006
Course No. EC 470 ADVANCED DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING Credits: 3
Linear Prediction and Optimum linear filters:,Power spectrum estimation: Adaptive Filter theory: Discrete cosine transforms (DCTs), Discrete sine transforms (DSTs), KL transforms, Hadamard transforms, Walsh transforms and Wave let transforms. Applications of DCTs and Wavelets.
1. DSP – Principles, Algorithms and Applications — JG PROAKIS, DG MANOLAKIS, 3/e, PHI., 2001.
2. Adaptive Filter Theory – S.HAYKIN, 2nd Edition, PRENTICE HALL. 2001
3. Signal Processing, The Model based approach – JANES V.CANDY, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1987.
Course No. EC 471 ADVANCED MICROPROCESSORS Credits: 3
Course No. EC 472 VLSI TECHNOLOGY Credits: 3
Crystal structure, crystal growth and vapour phase epitaxy. Unit processes for VLSI-Oxidation, Photolithography, diffusion and ion implantation. Deposition of metal and dielectric films by vacum evaporation, sputtering and CVD techniques, Wet chemical and dry etching techniques. Device and Circuit fabrication-Isolation, Self alignment and local oxidation techniques. MOS based silicon ICs-NMOS and CMOS ICs, Memory Devices, SOI Devices, BJT based ICs- choice of transistor types, PNP transistors, advanced structures, Bipolar – CMOS (BICMOS) ICs, Resistors, Capacitors.
1. VLSI Fabrication Principles, S.K.GANDHI , John Wiley and Sons, NY, 1994
2. VLSI Technology, S.M.SZE, McGraw-Hill Book Company, NY, 1988.
3. Principles of Microelectronics Technology, D. NAGCHOUDHURI, Wheeler (India), 1998.
Course No. CE 470 DISASTER MITIGATION AND MANAGEMENT Credits: 3
Natural and human-induced disasters – Disaster Classification and Statistics – Disaster Management – Prevention, preparedness and relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction – hazard vulnerability and Risk Mapping – International Decade of Natural Disaster Management – Need for the study. Remote Sensing and GIS applications in natural disaster management Post disaster management – concept of risk – relief operations – community education and involvement
1. Environmental Risks and Hazards, CUTTER S.L.,(Prentice Hall of India, N.Delhi, 1999)
2. Remote Sensing of Environment, LINTZ J JR AND D.S. SIMONETT , Addison Wesley, . (1976)
Course No. EE 468 NEW ENTERPRISE CREATION & MANAGEMENT Credits: 3
Entrepreneur And Entrepreneurship Establishing The Small Scale Enterprise: Operating The Small Scale Industry: : Management Performance Assessment And Control; Strategies For Stabilisation And Growth; Managing Family Enterprises.
1. Entrepreneurial Development: Principles, Policies and Programmers, ESS Pec Key Publishing House, 1989 – P. SARAVANAVEL.
Course No. ME 466 ALTERNATE SOURCES OF ENERGY Credits: 3
1. ALTERNATE SOURCES OF ENERGY:
Introduction, problems associated with fossil fuel based energy options, need for alternate sources of energy, present energy scenario, renewable energy sources. SOLAR ENERGY: WIND ENERGY: HYDROGEN ENERGY: OTHER SOURCES:
1. Solar Energy – Thermal Collection and Storage, S. P. SUKHATME , Tata- McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 1984 –
2. Non-conventional Energy Sources, G. D. RAI , Khanna Publishers, New Delhi, 1999 –
Course No. EC 480 FUZZY LOGIC SYSTEMS AND NEURAL NET WORKS Credits: 3
Background And History; Knowledge-Based Information Processing; Neural Information Processing; Hybrid Intelligence.Basic Neural Computational Models: Learning: Knowledge Based Neural Networks: Incremental Learning: Principles; Symbolic Methods; Neural Network Approaches (Probabilistic Nn’s); Incremental Rbcn.Nn Applications: Fuzziness Vs Probability: Fuzzy Associative Memories: Comparison Of Fuzzy & Neural Systems: Case Studies.
1. Neural Networks in Computer Intelligence, LIMIN FU, McGraw Hill Co., 1994.
2. Neural Networks & Fuzzy systems, B.KOSKO, Prentice Hall (India) Ltd., 1992. Chapters: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Course No. MM 463 SURFACE ENGINEERING Credits: 3
Scope, concept and significance of surface engineering, development of the technology of surface improvement in structural materials, geometrical, mechanical and physico- chemical concept of the surface, surface energy and surface phenomena.Coatings and evaluation of coatings. Techniques for producing surface layers: Process fundamentals and applications of newest techniques of producing surface layers:
1. Surface Engineering of Metals – Principles, Equipment, Technologies, CRC Press, 1999 – T. Burakowski and Wierzchon.
2. Surface Engineering for wear Resistance, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1998 – K. G. Budinski.
Course No. CS 463 COMPUTER GRAPHICS Credits: 3
Course No. MH 461 OPERATIONS RESEARCH Credits: 3
Course No. ME 446 INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT Credits: 3
General Management, marketing Management: Productivity And Work Study: Quality Management: Inventory Management: Project Management:
1) Donald J Clough. “Concepts in Management Science”, Prentice Hall of India.
2) Philip Kotler, “Marketing Management”, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2000