NIT Agartala Mechanical Measurement Syllbus
ME-604 MECHANICAL MEASUREMENT (3-1-0)4
1. Introduction : Introduction to measurement and measuring instruments, Generalised measuring system and functional elements, units of measurement, Static and dynamic performance characteristics of measurement devices, Calibration , concept of error, sources of error, statistical analysis of errors.
2. Sensors and Transducers :Types of sensors, types of transducers and their characteristics.
3. Measurement of displacement and angular velocity
4. Measurement of pressure : Gravitational, Directing acting, elastic and indirect type pressure transducers, Measurement of very low pressure.
5. Strain Measurement : Types of strain gauges and their working, strain gauge circuits , Temperature compensation, Strain rosettes
6. Temperature Measurement: By thermometers, bimetallic, Thermocouples, thermistors and pyrometers.
7. Measurement of Flow : Obstruction meters, Variable head meters, Hot wire and magnetic meters, Ultrasonic flow meters etc.
8. Vibration and Noise measurement : Seismic Instruments, Vibration pick ups and decibel meters .
9. Limits, Fits & Tolerence: Introduction to various fits, limits & tolerances, Indian standards of fits & tolerances & grades, gauge design, taylors principle of gauge design, wear allowances, measurement of concentricity & loabed surfaces.
1. Engineering Metrology by R.K. Jain
2. Mechanical Measurement by Backwith & Buck
3. Mechanical Measurement & Instrumentation by D.L.Kumar.
4. Mechanical Measurement & Instrumentation by R.K.Rajput.