ME-401 APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS-II (3-1-0)4
1. Ideal gas , properties of gases and mixtures of gases, enthalpy change of Ideal gas
,specific heat and entropy of gas mixture
2. Air standard cycles ,Otto-cycle, Diesel cycle, Limited pressure cycle, comparison
of Otto diesel and dual cycle, Brayton cycle, Stirling cycle and Ericsson Cycle
3. Reciprocating air compressor, single and multistage, Volumetric efficiency
4. Maxwells equation T-ds equation, Joule-Kelvin effect, Types of equilibrium.
5. Simple vapour cycles, Rankine cycle, actual Vapour cycle processes, comparison
of Rankine and Carnot cycle, Reheat cycle, Regenerative cycle, Binary vapour
6. Reversed Heat engine cycles and heat pump, Bell Coleman cycle, Simple vapour
compression refrigeration cycle, Absorption refrigeration.
7. Properties of atmospheric air, Psychometric chart &processes.
1. Nag, P.K., Engineering Thermodynamics, 3rd ed., Tata McGraw-Hill, 2005
2. Cengal, Y.A and Boles, M.A, Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach, 5th ed.,
McGraw Hill, 2006.
3. Rajput, R.K.,Thermal Engineering
4. Ballaney, P.L.,Thermal Engineering, Khanna Publishers