NIT Agartala Dynamics of machine Syllabus
ME-702 DYNAMICS OF MACHINE (3-1-0) 4
1. Inertia Force Analysis In Reciprocating Parts : Introduction , D-Alembert’s principle, Velocity and Acceleration of the piston- Analytical & graphical, Torque in the crankshaft neglecting inertia and friction; Various forces acting on the reciprocating part considering friction and inertia but neglecting weight of the connecting rod , Correction couple ,Dynamically Equivalent system , Torque on crankshaft considering weight of connecting rod.
2. Gyroscope: Principle of gyroscope couple; Effect of gyroscope couple and centrifugal force on vehicle taking a turn ; Stabilization of sea vessels.
3. Turning Moment Diagram and Flywheel:- Turning moment diagram for different types of Engines Fluctuation of energy and speed ;Flywheel; Flywheel Rim dimensions ; Operation of flywheel in punching press .
4. Governor: Simple functioning of a Governor, porter, Proell, Hartnell and spring controlled, governor effect ,Power stability ; Inertia effects .
5. Balancing: Balancing of rotating masses in the same and different planes ; Static & Dynamic balancing ; Balancing of masses; Sawing couple ; Hammer blow , tractive force , Primary and secondary balancing of a Locomotive and Internal combustion Engine; Balancing of V-Engines ; Balancing machines.
1. Shigley, J.E., Vicker Jr., J.J., Theory of Machines and Mechanisms, McGraw-Hill, 1995.
2. Rao, J.S. and Dukkipati, R.Y., Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2nd ed., Wiley Eastern Ltd., 1995.
3. Rattan, S.S., “Theory of Machine” Tata McGrawHill Publications.
4. Khurmi, R.S., Gupta, J.K., “Theory of Machine” S. Chand