Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems (Elective-II)Question
papers Andhra University
B. Tech (CSE) Degree Examination
Forth Year – Second Semester
NEURAL NETWORKS AND FUZZY SYSTEMS (ELECTIVE-II)
Effective from the admitted batch of 2004-2005
Time: 3 hrs
Max Marks: 70
First Question is Compulsory
Answer any four from the remaining questions
All Questions carry equal marks
Answer all parts of any question at one place
1. a. Stochastic Equilibrium
b. Hop field Circuit
c. Max – Mini Fuzzy composition
d. Subset hood
e. Bi-directional stability
f. Measure of creativity
g. Counting with Fuzzy sets
2. a. Describe Neural and Fuzzy systems as model free function estimators.
b. Discuss the Taxonomy of nearest Network models
3. a. Discuss commonly used signal functions to model the activation of neural in neural networks
b. Find the optimal layer associative memory (OLAM) matrix M for the association given below
A1=(1 2 3) B1=(4 3 2)
A2=(2 3 4) B2=(3 5 2)
A3=(3 4 6) B3=(2 2 1)
Determining whether Ai= M – Bi
4. Discuss in detail the two additive bivalent neural Network models and compare them.
5. a. What is competitive learning? How does it differ from signal Hebbrian learning.
b. What are Fuzzy Cognitive Maps? How can they be used to combined opinion of multiple experts?
6. a. Discuss the essential differences between supervised and unsupervised learning in Neural Nets.
b. Discuss various learning algorithms and write their limitations.
7. a. State the fuzzy entropy Theorem and explain it suitable example.
b. Write the entropy – subsethood theorem and its implications
8. a. What is Fuzzy centroid defuzzification scheme? Explain how is it used in FAM system architecture.
b. Use Correlation – Minimum encoding to construct the FAM matrix M from the fit- Vector pair (A,B) if A=(0.6, 1, 0.2, 0.9) and B=(0.8, 0.3, 1.0). Is (A.B) a bi-directional fined points? Pass A”=(0.2, 0.9, 0.3, 0.2) through M and B”=(0.9, 0.5, 1.0) though MT. Do the recalled fuzzy sets differ from B and A?