Mumbai University question papers
VII Sem CSE Examination June 2007
N.S.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory
(2) Attempt a.nyfour out of remaining six questions.
(3) All questions carry equal marks.
1.(a) Explain the vario)lswideband modulation techniqu(~semployed in cellular Imobile technologies.
(b) Discuss various types of Handover& explain the:irmanagement.
2. (a) Explain ‘Blu<::toothprotocol Stack’ with neat diagram~;
‘(b) Explain how high bandwidth internetaccess is a(:hi,~vedusing D\’B.
3. (a) Discuss MACprotocol for IEEE.802.11. 
(b) Write detailed noted on indirect TCP(I-TCP)- including its merits & demeriitsover snoopingTCP & mobile TCP.
4. (a) Discuss some: of the routing protocol & strategies suitable fDr ad-hoc mobile wireless network.
(b) Compare Iridium, Globalstar, ICa & Teledesic. 
5. (a) Draw block diagram of FHSS transmitter & receiver. Differentiate betwe(mslow frequen(:y& fast frequency hopping.
(b) Elaborate on security handing in wireless/mobil,~network. 
6. (a) What do YOllunderstand QoS in mobile network? Explain the parameter which determines QoS.
(b) Explain DECT system architecture n~ferencemodel& protocol architecture: 
7.Write short motes on (any two) :-
(b) IPv6 in mobile communication
(c )Architecture& protocol supported by WAP