Mumbai University question papers
VII Sem CSE Examination Dec 2009
N.S.: (1) Attempt any five qu’estions out of given seven questions.
(2) Assume suitable data wherever required.
1. (a) What is handover in GSM? What are reasons to do so? What are their problems?
(b) What do you understand by WLAN? Compare infrared transmission and RF transmission.
2. (a) What is IEEE standard 802.11 ? Why its PHY layer is subdivided? What is HYPERLAN?
(b) What are keyfeatures of GSM, DECTandTETRA? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
3. (a) Explain space, time, frequency and code multiplexingin wireless network.
(b) What do you understand by aos in mobile network? Explain the parameters which determine the aos ?
4. (a) What is motivation for a specialized MAC? What is Hidden and exposed terminals? What is near and far terminals?
(b) Compare Iridium, Globstar, ICO and Teledesic. 10
5. (a) Explain Digital Video Broadcasting. 10
(b) Explain the errors in a wireless network, which degrade TCP performance. Briefly explain how TCP snooping can improve this situation.
6. (a) Explain architecture of wireless application protocol.
(b) Explain ‘Bluetooth Protocol Stack’.
7. Write short notes on any two :-
(a) Mobile IP