Mumbai University Question Papers Computer Simulation and Modeling June 2008
Mumbai University question papers
VII Sem CSE Examination June 2008
Computer Simulation & Modeling
N.B.(1) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
1. (a) Define simulation. When can you simultate? When simulation is not appropriate?
(b) Describe queuing and inventory system stating its inputs and output. 10
2. (a) Write event scheduling algorithm. Give system snapshots. . 10
(b) How would you select a simultation software? Mention the features of any one simulation software.
3. (a) State the properties of random numbers. How are random numbers generated?
.(b) What do you understand by “Goodness of fit test”? Write the procedure for the same.
4. (a) How are random numbers generated from a probability distribution? What are the other methods of getting input?
(b) Explain the distributions that are used to simulate reliability system. 10
5. (a) Mention the steps in input modelling. How would you collect input data? 10
(b) When will yo.u use AR(1) and EAR(l) model? What do you understand by covariance and correlation?
6. (a) Explain verification and validation process.
(b) How can the initialization bias be reduced in steady state simulation?
7. Write short notes on any two :-
(b) Acceptance-Rejection technique
(c) Simulation of manufacturing system.