Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem Electronics Examination June 2008
Television & Video Engineering
N. B.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions from the remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to right indicate full marks.
(4) Assume suitable data if necessary.
1. (a) State the reason for the following :-
(i) In TV system elm deflection and els focussing is used.
.(ii) AllTV sys’tems have odd number of scanning lines.
(b) Explain interlaced scanning in detail~ with the help of a neat diagram and explain how it is better than sequential scanning.
2. (q) Draw the block diagram of Monochrome TVTransmitter and explain the functioning. 12
(b) Drfwa neat diagram of composite video signal and explain the various compon~nts. 8
3,.(a) Draw a neat block diagram of an NTSC coder and decoder and explain the functioning. 10
(b) Explain the working of Vidicon camera tube with the help of a neat diagram. 10
4. (a) Compare Delta gun, PIL and Trinitron picture tubes. 10
(b) What is EIA test pattern? Draw the signal and discuss the utility of this pattern in trouble shooting.
5. What is the function of the following in a TV receiver.
(i) SAW Filter
(ii) Sync. Separator
(iii) Colour Killer Circuit
(iv) Fly-back Transforme’r
(v) Degausssing Coil.
6. (a) Explain the principles of Digital TV.with the help of a neat block diagram.
(b) Draw a neat schematic of a cable TV network and explain.
7. Write short notes on any four :-
(a) Frequency interleving
(c 6lect(onic tuning
(d) AGC Methods
(e) Chromaticity diagram.