Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem Electronics Examination Dec 2009
Television & Video Engineering
N.S.: (1) Question NO.1 is compulsory. Z ’30 .j”1) ~G
(2) Attempt any four questions from the remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to right indicate full marks.
(4) Assume suitable data if necessary.
1. (a) Explain chromaticity diagram.
(b) State specification of CCIR-B Monochrome TV system.
(c) Why is SAW filter used in TV receiver? Explain with diagram.
(d) Explain additive and subtractive mixing of colours in TV.
2. (a) Draw a neat block diagram of a monochrome TV transmitter and explain the working of each stage with the help of relevent waveforms.
(b) Draw and explain composite video signal. 8
3. (a) Compare Delta Gun, PIL and Trinitron picture tubes. 10
(b) With the help of a neat sketch, explain the working of image orthicon camera tube.
4. (a) Explain the function of following in a colour TV receiver –
(ii) Degaussing coil
(iii) Purity and convergence magnets
(iv) Colour killer circuit
(v) Subcarrier oscillator.
(b) Explain the functioning of an NTSC coder and decoder with the help of a neat block diagram.
5. (a) Draw the block diagram of a cable TV system and explain the functioning. 10
(b) What is a pattern generator? Draw the EIA test pattern and explain how it is useful in troubleshooting of TV receiver.
6. (a) Drawa neat block diagram of a digitalTV system and explain the functioning. 10
(b) What is interlaced scanning? Explain in detail. How it is better than sequential scanning?
7. Write short notes on any three of the following :-
(a) CC TV
(b) Fly back transformer
(d) Frequency interleaving