Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem Electronics Examination Dec 2008
Television & Video Engineering
N.S. : (1) Question NO.1is compulsory.
(2) Attemptany four questions from the remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full marks..
(4) Assume suitable data ifnecessary.
1. Justify the following:-
a) AllT.V.standards have odd number of lines.
(b) Aspect ratio of 4:3 is used for T.V.
(c) (G-Y) signal is not transmitted in colour T.V.
(d) Electrostatic focusing and electromagnetic deflection is used for T.v.
2. (a) Draw the block diagram of a monochrome T.V. receiver and explain the working. Draw the different yvaveforms at different points.
(b) Explain Composite Video Signal with the help of a neat diagram. 8
3. (a) Explain the design of a Yagi-Uda antenna. What is a Ghost image?
(b) Compare the following :,.:..
(i) Sequential scanning and interlaced scanning
(ii) Positive modulation and negative modulation.
4. (a) Draw neat diagram of Image Orthicon and explain the working. 10
(b) What is a pattern generator? Draw the EIAtest pattern and explain it in brief.
5. (a) Compare the PIL, Deltagun and Trinitronpicture tubes. 10
(b) What is ‘Purity’ and ‘Convergence’ adjustments? Explain the function of a degaussing coil in a colour T.V. receiver.
6. (a) Explain with a neat block diagram a cable T.V.distribution system. 10
(b) Explain the principles of digital T.V.system with the help of a neat block diagram.
7. Write short notes on any three :-
(a) Frequency interleaving
(b) A.G.C. methods
(c) Chromaticity diagram
(d) Colour killer circuit.