Mumbai University Previous year question papers Television and Video Engineering Dec 2007
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem Electronics Examination Dec 2007
Television & Video Engineering
N.S. CI) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions from the remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to right indicate full marks.
(4) Assume suitable data if necessary.
1. (a) Explain additive and subtractive mixing.
(b) What is the function of a SAW Filter?
(c) Explain reverse compatibility.
d) Why negative modulation is used for picture signal?
2. (a), Explain interlaced scanning. What are it’s advantages?
(b) ‘What is half line descripancy? Howis it overcome? Explain with the help of a neat diagram.
3. (a) Draw a neat block diagram of a Monochrome TV Transmitter and explain the function of each block.
(b) Explain the function of the following in a Television receiver :–
(i) R. F. Tuner
(ii) Sync. separator
(iv) Flyback Transformer.
4. (a) Draw a neat diagram and explain the working of Image Orthicon camera tube.
(b) Compare Delta gun, PIL and Trinitron colour TV picture tubes.
5. (a) Draw the block diagram of an NTSC coder and decoder and explain the working.
(b) Draw the functional block diagram of Digital Television. Explain it’s merits.
6. (a) Explain how a cable TV distribution network works with the help of a neat diagram.
(b) What is a pattern generator? Where is it used? Draw the E.I.A. pattern and explain it’s utility.
7. Write short notes on :-
(b) Frequency Interleving
(d) Automatic Degaussing.