Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem CSE Examination Dec 2008
System Programming and Complier Construction
N.B.: (1) Question number lis compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
(3) Assumptions made should be clearly stated.
(4) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
(5) Assume suitable data wherever required but justify the same.
1. (a) Explain with the help of flowchart and data structures, working of one pass macroprocessor.
(b) Explain the design of two pass assembler with databases used.
2. (a) Exp,lain the design of direct linking loader.
(b) Write short notes on :-
(ii) Static and Dynamic Binding.
3. (a) Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of incorporating the macro processor in to assembler pass 1.
(b) Explain various phases of compilervyith suitable example.
4. (a) Explain recursive descent parser with suitable example.
(i) Consider the following grammar-
IAe I aB I aC
(b) Eliminate the left recursion from above grammar.
(ii) Explain different assembler directives.
5. (a) Explain different types oI1ext’editors.
(b) Write sequences of steps involved in dynamic debugging of program.
6. (a) Explain run time storage organization in detail.
(b) Construct predictive p~rsing table for the following grammar-
S -* AaAb
7. (a) Explain design of Absolute Loader.
(b) Explain with the help of memory, data formats, registers, instruction formats, addressing modes of traditional ClSC machines.