Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem CSE Examination June 2010
Object Oriented Software Engineering
N. B.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of the remaining six questions.
1. As a developer, transform the following customer’s mission statement into a complete, unambiguous description of the system using Usecare and Class diagram. Prime Care Rental Company Mission Statement since We automated the tracting of cars at our stores-Using bar codes, counter top terminals and laser readers. We have seen many benefits: the productivity of our rental assistants has increased 20%, car rarely go missing and our customer base has grown strongly. The management feels that the Internet offers further existing opportunities , for increasing efficiency and reducing costs. For example rather than printing catalogs of available cars, We could make catalog available to every Internet surfer for broasing on line. For privileged customers, We could provide extra services, such as reservations, at the click of a button. Our target saving in this area is a reduction of 15% in the cost of running each stores. Within two years, using the full power of e-commerce, We aim to offer all our services via web broaser, with delivery and pick-up at the customer’s home, thus achieving our ultimate goal of the virtual rental company, with minimum running costs relative to walk-in stores.
2. (a) What are the five of the most important attributes of software quality? Explain them. 10
(b) Compare Waterfall model and Spiral model of Software development. 10
3. (a) What is wrong with the following designs from the perspective of cohesion and what could be done to improve them? There are two subsystems in a University registration system that do the following:
Subsystems A display lists of courses to a student, accepts request from the students to register in courses, ensures that the students has no schedule conflicts and is elegible to register in the courses, stores the data in the database and periodically back up the database. System B allows faculty members to input student grades and allow administrators to assign courses to faculty”, members, add new courses and change the student registration. It also prints the bill that are sent to students.
(b) Explain the Open Source software life cycle model. 10
4. (a) Explain the COCOMO used for software estimation. 5
(b) Write two advantages of PERT chart. 5
(c) What are the advantages of agile methodology. 5
(d) Define a state diagram and its various elements. 5
5. (a) Create three classes linked by associations to represent a student taking courses in a school. Specify appropriate multiplicity as well as labels for the assocation. If there is more than one reasonable alternative, explain the advantages and disadvantages of each.
(b) Explain various software testing strategies. 10
6. (a) Why is FTR necessary? How FTR is conducted?
b) How development diagrams are useful in modeling a fully distributed system.
7. Write short note on (any two):-
(a) Software Architectural Style
b) Re-engineering ~_I-!~ (c) Software Configuration M~nagement.