Mumbai University Previous year question papers
IV Sem IT Examination Dec 2009
Network Technology for Digital Device
N.S.: (1) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
1. (a) What is distributed computing? Comment on its merits and demerits.
(b) What is stop and wait protocol? Where is it applicable?
(c) What are recent developments in networks? List atleast two with an application area for it.
(d) Compare Congestion control and flow control.
2. (a) Explain OSI reference model and functions of each layer. 10
(b) Compare connection oriented and connectionless network. 5
(c) What are different classes of IP addresses? Give the format of each class. 5
3. (a) Explain functions of datalink layer.
(b) Explain ALOHA and Sioted ALOHA.
4. (a) What are different types of routing? Explain Link state routing. 10
(b) What are subnets? Where are they used? Explain with a detailed example. 10
5. (a) What are the design issues of Distributed Systems.
(b) Explain TCP connection management and TCP transmission policy.
3. (a) Explain working of Remote procedure calls. 10
(b) What is traffic shaping? Explain Leaky Backet algorithm for traffic shaping. 10
7. Write short notes on any four of the following :-
(c) Sliding Window Protocol