Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem Electronics Examination May 2010
Microprocessor and Microcontroller
N.S. (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions from remaining six questions.
(3) Assume data if necessary.
1. (a) (i) Interface 16 KBRAMmemory chip to 8085 using Absolute decoding technique.
(ii) Modifythe address decoding circuit in the above design to incorporate partial decoding and thus explain the difference between Absolute decoding technique and partial decoding technique.
(b) (i) Draw and explain the formats of Interrupt Enable SFR and Interrupt Priority SFR of 8051.
(ii) Write a program to enable all the interrupts of 8051 and set the priority of all interrupts of 8051 to low level.
(c) Explain any two addressing modes of ARM processor with suitable examples.
2. (a) Analyze the given subroutine and answer the following :-
up MOVA, C
(i) Calculate the time delay produced by the given subroutine. Assume the crystal frequency of 8085 to 6MHz.
.(ii) Calculate the maximum time delay that can be produced by the given subroutine. Assume the crystal frequency of 8085 to 6 MHz.
(b) Draw and explain the Internal Memory Organization of 8051.
3(a) Assume an oscillator running at 12 MHz controls 8051 micro controller. VVrite a program to’generate 2 ~Hz square wave ~n P1.Qusing Timer 6 in mode 1.
(b) Interface 8155 to 8’085 in memory mapped I/O mode using Absolute decoding technique.
(ii) Analyze the given program and answer the following :-
(i) What is the status (Masked/Unmasked) of 5 Hardware interrupts of 8085 after executing the program and why?
What is the status of SOD pin after executing the program and why?
4. (a) Draw and explain the internal structure of port 0 of 8051.
(b) Explain tJ:lefeatures of port 3 of 8051.
5. (a) Interface single 8259 to 8085 in I/O mapped I/O mode using Absolute decoding technique.
(b) (i) Compare the Power down mode and Idle mode of 8051. 6
(ii) Explain any four, bit level instructions of 8051. 4
6. (a) (i) Write a program to continuously turn ON and OFF a LED Connected to PCs of Port C of 8255 using BSR mode (8255 is connected to 8085).
(ii) Specify the number of Machine cycles, T-states,addressing mode and number of bytes for the instruction POP PSW and INR M of 8085.
(b) Explain the key features of ARM Processor Architecture.
7. (a) Draw and explain Timing Diagram for the instruction LDAX B of 8085.
(b) Specify and explain any five instructions of ARM processor.