Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem Electronics Examination May 2007
Microprocessor and Microcontroller
N.S.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory. Solve any four ‘questions from remaining six.
(2) Assume suitable data if necessary with justification.
(3) Figures to the right indicatefull marks. .
(4) Answers to questions should be grouped and written together.
(5) U~e Legible handwriting.
1. (a) Explain physical structure of ‘I/O ports of,8051 microcontroller.
(b) Interface following compone~ts to 8086 microprocessor working in minimum mode :-
(i) 16 KB EPROM memory using 2764 chip, mapped at top of memory space.
(ii) 16 KB application program area using 6264 chip to include IVT.
(iii) 2, 16 bit I/O ports using 8255 mapped at80H onwards.
2. (a) Design 8051 based microcontroller system to meet following specifications:- ‘
(i) 32 KB program memory using 27256 chip
(Ii)32 KB data memory using 61256 chip
(iii) 3, 8-bit I/O ports using 8255.
(b) Assume crystal frequency of 12 MHz to 8051 microcontroller, write assembly language program to generate square wave of 1 KHz on port bit P1.0 using timer 1 interrupt.
(a) What are SFRs ? Explain their utility with one example.
(b) Explain following instructions :-
(i) DJNZ A, BACK
(ii) ,CJNE A, # 99H, NEXT
(iii) XRL 32H, # 32H
(iv) DIV AS
(v) MOVC A,@A + PC.
4. What are the different multiprocessor configurations? Explain 8086-8087 interface with neat diagram.
5. (a) Explain string instructions of 8086. Write assembly language program using string instructions to transfer 100 bytes of data from 20000 H to 21000 H.
(b) Convert + 187.625 into short real format. .~ 5″
Explain interrupt structure of 8086 in detail. Explain priority mechanism of interrupts.
Explain asse!11blerdirectives, any two :-
(i) SEGMENT (ii) PROC (Hi) MACRO.
7. Write short notes on any four :-
(a) Mixed language programming
(b) Addressing modes of 8086
(c), IEEE – 488 standard
(d) RS 232 C bus standard
(e) Serial port of 8051.