Mumbai University Previous year question papers Microprocessor and Microcontroller June 2010
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
IV Sem IT Examination June 2010
Microprocessor and Microcontroller
: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions from the remaining.
(3) Assume suitable address and data if necessary.
(4) Figures to the right indicate f~1I marks.
1. Designa 8086 based system with the foHowingspecifications:
a) 8086 processor working at 8 MHz.
b) 64 KB EPROM using 27256 chips.
c) .64 KB RAM using 62256 chips.
d) Two 16 bit input and output ports in handshake mode.
Draw the necc3sary interfacing diagram, memory map and I/O map. Use absolute decoding technique. Explain the design. .
2. a) Explain the addressing modes of 8086 microprocessor with examples.
. b) Write an 8086 based assembly language program to reverse the user entered string usmg macros.
3. ,a) Explain the foHowinginstructions of 8086 with examples:
AAM, AAD, SCASB, CMPSB.
b) Write an assembly language program for 805Tto generate a square wave of2 KHz frequency on pin 1.2 . Assume crystal frequency 12 MHz.
c) Find the THI value needed to have the following baud rates: 3
1) 9600 2) 2400 3) 1200. Assume crystal frequency to be 11.0592 MHz.
4. a) Assume that the IE bit of 8051 for the serial interrupt is enabled. How this interrupt gets activated and explain its working upon activation.
b) Interface a 8 bit DAC with 8051 microcontroller. Write an assembly language program to generate a sine wave. Give the necessary comments.
5. a) Explain the foHowingSFR’s of 8051: 8
SCON, TCON? TMOD, PCON.
b) Interface a 4 pole Stepper motor with 8051 through 8255. Write an assembly language
program to rotate it. Explain the control word used.
6. a) Explain the register file structure and addressing modes of PIC micro-controller.
b) Explain the Interrupts of 8051. State the purpose of ISR and IVT.
7.Write short notes on any three:-
a) Assembler directives.
c) Architecture of PIC microcontroIler.
b) 8051 register banks and Stack.
d) Inter segment and Intra’segment caHs.