Mumbai University Previous year question papers Microprocessor and Microcontroller June 2009
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem Electronics Examination June 2009
Microprocessor and Microcontroller
N.S.: (1) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions from remaining.
1. (a) Write 8086 assembly language program to compute
NZ-=L: Xj* Vji =115Assume: N = 5
Xi and Vi are signed 8 bit numbers.
(b) Explain Interrupts of 8051 (8 bit) Microcontroller. 5
2. (a) Design 8086 based (min mode) system
(i) 24 Kbyte EPROM
(ii) 24 Kbyte RAM
(iii) Two 16 bit I/o port’s Using 8255 in memory mapped I/o scheme.
(b) Write ALP for 8051 Microcontroller to find out how many N.egative bytes in given series of Ten bytes.
3. (a) Design 8051 based Microcontroller system with following details:
(i) External program memory 12 Kbyte
(ii) Data memory 12 Kbyte
(iv) Eight LED.and write ALP to display status of switches on LED bank.
(b) Drawand Explain Maximum mode configuration of 8086 Microprocessor.
4. (a) 8086basedMultiprocessingsystem. Explainvarious configurationswith suitable flow charts.
(b) Draw Timing diagram for min mode of 8086
(i) Read Bus Cycle
(ii) Write Bus Cycle.
5. (a) Explain Branch related addressing modes of 8086 with examples. 10
(b) Draw interfacing diagram of 8086-8087 and write ALP using 8087 instruction for calculate area of a circle.
6. (a) Draw Timer/counter control logic and Explain TCONand TModSFR in detail.
(b) Explain the following Instructions :
(i) MOVC A, @ A +.PC
(ii) AJMP Addr
(iii) LES BX,
7. Write short notes on :-
(a) Mixed language programming
(b) Assembler directives and Operators
(c) RS-232C Bus Standard.