Mumbai University Previous year question papers Environmental Studies Dec 2009
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem CSE Examination Dec 2009
(1) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions from Q. Nos. 2 to 7.
1. Solve any five :-
(a) Name the fundamental principles of the environment.
(b) Distinguish between nuclear fission and nuclear fussion.
(c) Draw the flow chart of energy mineral movement in the ecosystem of organisms.
(d) Differentiate between bioprospecting and biopiracy.
(e) Write note on cyclone mitigation.
(f) What is acid rain and give two effect of acid rain.
2. (a) Define watershed ~anagement. Give the methods of watershed management.
(b) Give the fifteen principles of environmental education.
3. (a) Give the effect of deforestation.
(b) Explain the benefits of biological diversity.
4. (a) Describe the grassland and forest ecosystem.
(b) Short note on public awareness about the environment.
5. (a) What is noise? Describe briefly the effect of noise on human health.
(b) Discuss the salient features of the environment (protection) Act, 1986.
6. (a) Discuss the role of information technology in environment and human health.
(b) Discuss the causes and effect of global warming.
7. (a) Discuss the effect of water pollution.
(b) Give an account of woman and child welfare in India.