Mumbai University Previous year question papers Electronics Instrumentation System May 2008
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem Electronics Examination May 2008
Electronics Instrumentation System
N.S. (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Atte’mpt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
(3) Assume suitable additional data if necessary and state them clearly.
(4) Draw neat diagram and sketches.
1. Solve any four (each 5 marks) :-
(a) Explain the working of digital frequency meter.
(b) Explain good laboratory signal generator.
(c) Explain factor that causes error during Q measurement.
(d) Explain requirementsof Pulse generator and different types of Pulses.
(e) What are the characteristicof Op-amp ?
2.Draw the functional block diagram of a general purpose C.R.O. Explain the working of each block in detail. What are the Lissajous Patterns related to C.R.D. ?- How they are useful in measuring frequency and phase difference? State also the limitations of this method.
3. (a) Whqt is a Q of a circuit? Discuss the principle of operation otQ-meter and Impedance measurement using a Q meter.
(b) Give the list of ADC types and explain SAR in DVM details. 10
4. (a) Draw a neat b~ock diagram and explain the operation of Digital phase meter. State its advantages and limitations.
(b) Explain,how an oscilloscope displays a signal? 5
(c) What property (or properties) of the oscilloscope governs its ability to reproduce a square wave most faithfully?
5. (a) Draw the Wien Bridge oscillator circuit and derive an expression for its frequency. 10
Explain the requirements of good audio frequency signal generator.
(b) ,Explain Dual trace and Double beam CRO with block dia and waveform. 10
6. (a) Explain in details Digital storage oscilloscope and Mesh/phosphors storage oscilloscope. 10
(b) Beat frequency ‘Oscillators and its applications. 5
(c) Write the factor involved selection of Voltmeter. 5
7. Write short notes on any two :-
(a) CRT tube
(c) Discuss in brief, 2-modulation in C.R.O.