Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem CSE Examination Dec 2012
N.S.: (1) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
(3) Assume suitable data wherever required.
1. (a) Explain the following with example :-
(v) Router. .
(b) Explain the layers details of oSI and TCP/IP Models.
2. (a) Explain the major componets of telephQne networks.
(b) Explain the error detection and error correCtion algorithms. ,
3..(a) What is CRG? Write the algorithm for computing checksum and explain with suitable example.
(b) Explain the following with examples’:- 10
MAC address, IP address, Socket, Baud rate, Latency.
4. (a) Differentiate between the following :- 10
(i) protocol and Interface
(ii) Connectionless and connection oriented service.
(b) Explain and compare the following :- 10
Ethernet, Token Bus and Token Ring.
5. (a) Explain CSMA/CD. 10
(b) list the features of bluetooth and explain the network formation process. 10
6. (a) Explain: FDMA, TDMA and COMA. 10
(b) What are different types of routing? Explain Distance vector routing.’ 10
7. (a) What are the congestion prevention policies? Explain the congestion control in virtual circuit and datagram subnets.
– (b) Write note on’ : S-ONET. 10