Mumbai University Previous year question papers Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality System June 2010
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem IT Examination June 2010
Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality System
(1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Solve any four questions ‘from remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
(4) Make suitable assumptions whenever necessary and state them clearly
1. (a) Explain Raster scan display and Random scan display. 10
(b) Explain Bresenham’s line drawing algorithm with an example. 10
2. (a) Explain different types of projections in detail. 10
(b) (i) Find the sequence of transformations to scale the object with respect to reference r–, Point A in xYPlane.
(ii) Write a short note on homogeneous coordinate system. 5
3. (a) List various types of computing architectures of VR and explain anyone in detail 10
(b) Explain in detail anyone VR toolkit. 10
4. (a) List various applications of VR and explain anyone in detail. 10
(b) Compare mesh and feature based warping methods. 10
5. (a) Derive mathematical representation for Bezier curve and state their properties. 10
(b) Explain Lagrange Interpolation curve in detail. 10
6. (a) Explain Flood Fill and Boundary Fill algorithm using 8-connected approach and state their advantages and disadvantages.
(b) Write a note on lIP and DIP devices for YR. 12
7. (a) (i) Write a short note on TPS based image warping. 6
(ii) What are advantages of 3D morphing over 20 morphing. 6
(b) Let ABCD be the rectangular window with A (20,20), B(90,20), C(90,70) and 0(20,70). Find region codes for endpoints and use Cohen Sutherland algorithm to clip the lines P 1P 2 with P 1 (10,30), P 2 (80,90) and q1q2 with q1 (10,10), q2 (70,60).