Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem IT Examination Dec 2009
Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality System
N.S.: (1) Question No. 1 i~ compulsory.
(2) Solve any four q lestions from the remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to the ri~ht indicate full marks.
(4) Make suitable assumptions wherever necessary and state them clearly.
1.(a) Deri”vethe Sresenham’s line;drawfn~~gorjt.l:tm->’it\.t.lhatairtes advantages?
(b) Differentiatebetween Raster scan displayand Randomscan display.
(c) Write a short noteon Homogeneousco-ordinatesystem.
2.(a) Explain Flood Fill Algorithm using 8-connected approach. What are its advantages over Boundary Fill Algorithm?
(b) What are 3D trackers? Enumerate some important tracker characteristics.
(c) Show that transformation matrix for a reflection about a line y = x is equivalent to reflection to x-axis followed by counter clockwise rotation of 90 degree.
3. (a) Write detailed note on 3D Rotation about an axis that is not parallel to one of the co-ordinate axes.
.(b) What kind of Bounding Boxes exists? What are they used for? Explain undetected collision and state ways to alleviate the problem of undetected collision.
4. (a) Exp!ain ir. detail any VR toolkit~–
(b) List various types of computing architectures of VR and explain anyone in detail. 10
5. (a) What are different types of projections? Derive the matrix representation for Perspective transformation in XY-plane and on negative Z-axis.
(b) Explain LeGrange Interpolation curve in detail. 10
6.(a) Let R be the rectangular window whose lower left hand corner is at L(-3,1) and upper right corner is at R(2,6). Find the region codes for the endpoints and use Cohen-Sutherland algorithm to clip the line segments.
Coordinates for line segments are :- –
For Line AS A (-4, 2) and S (-1, 7)
CD C(-1,5) and D (3, 8)
EF E (-2. 3) and F (1, 2).
(b) Derive the mathematical representation for Bezier cur..ve a.n…d state their properties. 10 — ……….
7.(a) Write a short notes on any two of the following :-
(i) Compare mesh and feature based warping method
(ii) What are the advantages of 3D mor phing over 20 morphing ?
(iii) TPS based image warping.
(b) Explain any VR application with suitable example.